(If you are outside of the U.S., I wish you a happy Thursday!)
If you are reading more than a few blogs, you are probably seeing lots of messages saying things like, “I want to say I am thankful for you being on my list/being a customer/being a reader/etc.”
This blog post is sorta doing the same thing, but I am taking it a step further. I have a very specific reason why I want to express my thanks.
I have been at this for a while (21 years in January!) and I have been building my list since then. Over that time I have gone through many, many changes.
Over the years I have:
- Changed my brand and positioning multiple times
- Started and stopped this newsletter more times than I can remember
- Shifted focus in huge ways, including creating a not-particularly-work-friendly blog and a purely entertainment-based podcast
- Created content on a variety of platforms including YouTube, LinkedIn, a Facebook Group, my blog, and TikTok
- Launched a variety of products, programs, offers, etc. that have had varying levels of success
I have been at this for over two decades and I still feel like I am figuring things out.
Yes, AND some people have been reading my blog for months, years, even decades.
So if you are reading this, regardless of how long you have been here, after all these changes, focus shifts, stops and starts, I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I hope this doesn’t come across as a thinly veiled marketing pitch. I was thinking about this list and how inconsistent it has been, and I don’t know that I would have stuck around.
So for those who have, again, I thank you.
Thanks, and I hope you enjoy this Thanksgiving/random November Thursday!